Whenever we have moved, we have always done our own unpacking and it usually takes us weeks to get it all completed. In fact, we still have a few boxes in one closest that are still waiting to be opened from our last move. So when a friend said that she’d hired an unpacking service for her last move, I understood perfectly why she did. Within a day her house was completely unpacked and looked like it had been lived in for a lot longer than that. What’s included in the service? Each company is different, so it’s best to inquire about their full range of services.
Most will include the following:
• Unpacking all boxes.
• Unwrapping items and making a list of anything broken.
• Wiping off shelves. Extra cleaning services may be available.
• Putting all items away.
• Organizing the house from the kitchen drawers and cupboards to the linen closet.
• Set-up all extraneous items, such as the shower curtain, adjusting the clocks to the correct time, spreading the tablecloth, hanging pictures (if previously discussed).
• Assemble all furniture, including beds, desks and tables.
• All clothing unpacked and beds made.
• Removal of all boxes and packing materials.